Are you concerned about your own or someone else's use of alcohol or drugs?
You can make an appointment to speak with a counselor by calling 978.542.6410.
Individual counseling, consultations and classroom presentations about substance abuse as well as other health education topics are available.
- Worried about a friend's drinking or drug use? [PDF]
- Read the complete university alcohol, drug and hazing policy.
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Drug Prevention
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Alcohol (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Rethinking Drinking (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- Alcohol & Health (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- Alcohol poisoning, alcohol facts at College Drinking
- Binge Drinking
- Has smoking marijuana stopped being fun?
- Do you ever get high alone?
- Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
- Do you find that your friends are determined by your use of marijuana?
- Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
- Does your marijuana use let you life in your own privately defined world?
- Do you smoke marijuana to cope with your feelings?
- Have you ever failed to keep promises you have made about cutting down or controlling your marijuana smoking?
- Has your marijuana use caused problems with memory, concentration or motivation?
- When your marijuana supply is almost empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
- Do you plan your day around your use of marijuana?
- Have your friends or family ever complained to you that your marijuana smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions and would like to check in about any of this, please contact counseling and health services at 978.542.6410.
- Heroin (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- NIDA for Teens: The Science Behind Drug Abuse (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Drug Facts: Heroin (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- What is prescription drugs abuse? (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
Self-Help Resources and Recovery Websites
Recovery Web Sites
- Addiction Tribe
- “In the Rooms”: online social networking for recovery
- Rational Recovery Systems: a recovery program that is neither spiritually or psychologically based.
- SMART Recovery
Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline
The Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline (1.800.327.5050) provides free and confidential information and referrals for alcohol and other drug abuse problems and related concerns. The helpline is committed to linking consumers with comprehensive, accurate, and current information about treatment and prevention services throughout Massachusetts. Services are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. Language interpreters are always available.