Skip to main content

Can parties participate in an Informal Resolution Procedure?


Participation in an Informal Resolution Procedure


Yes, for complaints of harassment, discrimination and retaliation the Informal Resolution Procedure may be used. Where appropriate, the parties to a dispute may attempt to reach an informal resolution of the potential violation. The Universities encourage involved parties to request the intervention of the University to assist in an informal resolution by contacting the EO Officer. Please note, a complainant is not required to use the Informal Resolution Procedure before initiating a Formal Investigation Procedure. In addition, a party may withdraw from the Informal Resolution Procedure and initiate the Formal Investigation Procedure at any time.