Submit your initial photo online to use for your ClipperCard by logging on to salemstate.edu/get. (sign in using your Navigator login)
Please read over the guidelines and make sure your picture will be appropriate.
Before you can submit a photo for your ClipperCard please make sure the following requirements have been completed:
- You have been accepted to the university
- You have registered for a class
- ClipperCard Accounts can take up to 24 hours to be created Contact ClipperCard with questions
- The default maximum file size accepted for an uploaded file is 1 MB.
- The default viewable size of a photo in GET is 225 x 150. If a user uploads a photo that does not match these dimensions, the photo is automatically scaled and cropped, as necessary. The user can view the photo immediately after upload to see the resized version.
- The photo upload feature accepts the following file types: JPEG, PNG, GIF
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify you as a person.
- You must be looking straight at the camera. Frame subject with full head/shoulders, front view, eyes open (no side profiles!)
- The background must be a light solid color. (white/off white)
- No senior portraits or professional photos
- There can be no borders on the photo. There should be a small space between your head and the top of the image, as well as a definite contrast between you and the background.
- The photograph must be in color.
- No red eye or flash reflection on glasses or contact lenses.
- Eyeglasses that are cleared are acceptable none that are shaded.
- No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments of any sort that obstruct the view of your face or top of your head.
- No other people or objects in photo or inappropriate expressions
- Photo must be taken within the last six months.
- The ClipperCard office reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet these requirements.
- After the third rejection you must visit the office.
Photo submissions are manually reviewed and can take up to three business days to be processed.
- We are only allowing photos to be submitted prior to your first ClipperCard being printed. Any photos submitted after initial ClipperCard is produced will be rejected.
- ClipperCard will notify the user via Salem State email if your photo is accepted or rejected.
- If your photo is rejected we will simply take your photo at the Student Navigation Center.
- Make certain it is a photo you want. Requesting a reprint for vanity reasons will result in purchasing another card cost is $25.
- Submitting a photo other than your own is fraud. University policies regarding fraud will be enforced
- When picking up your ClipperCard, you must present a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID). Other school ID’s will not be accepted.
- Bring a completed ClipperCard Acknowledgement Form and present it to ClipperCard staff.
Good example: White or neutral background, clear image of face and shoulders, cropped to remove any background images.
Good example:Patron must be looking straight at the camera. Frame with full head and shoulders, front view and eyes open.
Bad example: Dark shaded glasses.
Bad example: inappropriate expression
Bad example: photo is cropped too close
Bad example: Wearing a hat.