Salem State uses GlobalProtect VPN solution to provide secure remote access to the Salem State network.
These instructions should work with any phone or tablet running the Android operating system.
How to Install the GlobalProtect App on Your Android Device
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for GlobalProtect to install the app.
- Once installed, open the app and enter the portal address gpvpn.salemstate.edu and connect.
- Enter your SSU username (without @salemstate.edu) and password and select Sign In to connect.
- Accept the connection request message.
- You may see the Salem State welcome message.
- You should now see a colorized GlobalProtect icon with a message that says CONNECTED. You will also see a key icon in your status bar to indicate you are connected to the VPN.
- You may now sign in to Salem State systems as needed.
- You can disconnect in one of two ways:
- Pull all the way down on your status bar and stop the app. The GlobalProtect key will disappear from the status bar
- Go back to the GlobalProtect app and tap the icon. The app will disconnect and the icon will appear gray.