Salem State uses the GlobalProtect VPN agent to provide secure remote access to the Salem State network.
These instructions should work with most iPhones or iPads.
- Go to the App Store and search for GlobalProtect to install the app.
- Once installed open the app, enter the portal address gpvpn.salemstate.edu, and tap CONNECT.
- Allow GlobalProtect to add VPN configurations.
- Sign in with your Salem State username (without @salemstate.edu) and password.
- Once you've signed in, you will be presented with the Salem State welcome message, and the app will show CONNECTED.
- The GlobalProtect app will be colorized to show you are connected. You will also see a VPN icon in the status bar.
- You may now sign on to Salem State systems as needed.
- To disconnect, open the GlobalProtect app and tap the icon. The app will turn gray and the VPN icon will disappear from the status bar to indicate you are no longer connected to the VPN.