Salem State uses the GlobalProtect VPN agent to provide secure remote access to the Salem State network.
These instructions are for desktop and laptop computers running the Mac operating system.
If you have our old VPN client on your computer (Pulse Secure VPN), you will need to uninstall that first.
- Browse to the GlobalProtect Portal.
- Enter your SSU username (without @salemstate.edu) and password.
- Download the Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent.
- Open (double-click) GlobalProtect.pkg to install.
- Continue the installation and select the default prompts.
Some users might be prompted with a pop-up window saying "System Extension Blocked." Select Open Security Preferences and then select Allow in the following window. If the Allow button is grayed out, click the lock to make changes and enter the local computer password. If you do not see an Allow button then the step has already been completed or is not needed for your version of macOS.
- Once installed, the GlobalProtect welcome window should pop up and you will see a globe icon in the menu bar.
- Enter the portal address, gpvpn.salemstate.edu, and click connect.
- Enter your SSU username (without @salemstate.edu) and password then select Sign In to connect.
- Once connected you will be presented with the Salem State welcome message.
- When the VPN is connected, the globe icon will display on the menu bar with a shield.
- When the VPN is disconnected, the globe icon on the menu bar will be gray with no shield.