Students who are not currently connected to a counselor and interested in connecting with non-urgent counseling services
- Log in using your Salem State ID, with the “S” in front of the number and your regular password
- Use the Messages tab once in the Health Portal
- Select the option to message a counselor about counseling services
Current clients of counseling services have already been sent communications through the health services portal
- Students can respond directly to their clinician via the Health Portal Messages feature for consultations and are also welcome to call 978-542-6413
- Clinicians will begin reaching out the week classes resume to all other students to arrange ongoing care plans
· PLEASE NOTE: If you are a student or are speaking with a student having an urgent mental health concern access the 24/7 Lahey Psychiatric Crisis hotline at 1-866-523-1216. If you are not on the North Shore, they can direct you to your regional hotline.
Faculty and staff should then utilize the reporting page to communicate with Dr. Elisa Castillo, Assistant Dean of Students for Wellness and the Care and Concern team about a concern about a student behavior or wellbeing:
CHS is following university and state guidelines and is exploring telehealth options. As we receive guidance from the University about anticipated dates for returning to campus, we will begin to make decisions about providing telehealth counseling services. We will also assist students in getting connected with off campus agencies and private practitioners for those who are looking for ongoing care.
If you need medical care or services after business hours, please see our list of local health providers.