Skip to main content

Disability-Related Grievance Procedure

Disability services understands that there are times when a disagreement on a decision regarding accommodations may arise or problems during the process of receiving accommodations that have already been determined. If a student wishes to challenge a disability services decision of accommodations or has a complaint about accommodations they are receiving, they should notify the director as soon as possible. The director will promptly evaluate the situation and attempt an informal resolution.

If the director is unable to resolve the matter, or if the student disagrees with the outcome, a grievance can be filed with the equal opportunity office, where relevant information pertaining to the incident will be presented. A detailed overview of the grievance process is available at the equal opportunity office located in the Administration Building on North campus.  They can be reached at 978.542.6123.

Every effort will be made to resolve the disagreement as expeditiously as possible. It is important to note that at any time during the process, a student may choose to contact the Office of Civil Rights at 617.223.9700 to seek appropriate advice and/or to file a formal complaint.

Any ADA/504 grievances that are related to employment/job-related issues, physical access, activities, or events on campus should be directed to the equal opportunities office.

Do You Need More Help?

Disability Services
Walk-In Service: Frederick E. Berry Library and Learning Commons, room G20