The Exploratory Program Peer Leader position helps support students who have decided not to choose a major (undeclared) as they begin their academic journey OR have changed to undeclared once they are students. These students are automatically part of the university's Exploratory Program.
- Welcome new students to the Exploratory Program by making congratulatory phone calls, putting together mailings, and representing the program/office at open houses and accepted student days.
- Directly support a small group of Exploratory students (20-30) throughout the year by planning social events, communicating deadlines and information, and providing one on one guidance
- Assist in planning and implementing large-scale programs and events for Exploratory students focused on community building, choosing a major, and learning more about career options
- Hold peer advising workshops for Exploratory students to assist in selecting and registering for next semester courses
- Provide individual support and guidance to Exploratory students throughout the year who have general questions about the university and specific questions about choosing a major.
Students will need to be in good academic and judicial standing with the university.
We request that, if able, students submit a FAFSA so we can consider you for work-study funds (to provide extra hours).
COMPENSATION: $15.50 / hour
HOURS: Peer Leaders work out of the Exploratory Office during normal business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. At times, peer leaders will be asked to adjust their schedule or work additional hours (based on availability and work study) to support specific evening and weekend events (announced well in advance). Student schedules will be built based on availability and funds available - there are no assigned days of the week or specific number of hours (typically 5-10 hours per week.)
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
To be considered for the 2024-2025 academic year, students should complete the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Applications are due by Friday March 1, 2024.
- Candidates will be contacted to do an interview the week of March 4 - 8 or March 18 - 22.
- Offers for available positions will be made by Friday March 29, 2024.