The IP (Internet Protocol) address in your computer is a numerical label that identifies your computer on a network. This number is very helpful in troubleshooting connection issues. You may be asked to supply the address during a troubleshooting session.
The IPv4 address will be a series of numbers following the pattern 172.xxx.xxx.xxx. Typically Salem State network numbers start with 172.
- Go to Settings
- Network and Internet
- Select either Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Select the connected network
- Scroll down to Properties
- Under properties, look for your IPV4 address
Mac OS X
- Under the Apple menu, select System Preferences
- Select Network usually in the 3rd row
- Select a connected network in the left-side menu
- The IP address is displayed under Status: Connected