First Year Experience hires incoming first-year students to work as office assistants. Students must have work-study through the financial aid process. The application deadline and link to apply are at the bottom of this page.
Position responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in staffing the front reception desk, including answering phones, speaking with walk-in guests (students, faculty, staff/administrators, families, and visitors), taking messages, and scheduling appointments while providing exemplary customer service
- Participate in all training and ongoing development sessions to gain a working understanding of office and campus resources, and a knowledge of how to find resources to refer guests to
- Complete projects as assigned, including organizing mailings, stuffing packets/packages, scheduling birthday greetings, contacting students, delivering items, and posting banners/flyers across campus
- Assist in providing administrative support to selected events on campus.
- Provide perspectives and feedback to improve first year experience resources and services.
- Attend all required meetings and activities
- Other duties as assigned
This is a work-study position. Applicants for the office position must have work-study through financial aid. Students must submit a FAFSA in order to be considered for work-study.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour.
HOURS: FYE Office Assistants work 5-10 hours a week (depending on work-study award, schedule and availability). FYE Office Assistants work out of the First Year Experience Office during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Office Assistants are supervised by the Administrative Assistant with functional supervision provided by graduate Student Success Coaches, Assistant Director, and the Director of the First Year Experience.
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Applications for incoming first-year students will be available in June.