Campus guests can request secure access to Salem State' Wi-Fi. Follow instructions to request access from your on campus sponsor.
Step 1 – Request Guest Access
- Connect to SalemState-Open.
- Open a web browser, such as Firefox, and navigate to salemstate.edu.
- Agree to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Select Request Guest Access (Users without a guest account).
- Fill in the following information:
- Sponsor Email (SSU employee who wants you to have access)
- Your Email
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mobile Number
- Click on Request Guest Access
- WELCOME GUEST USER – Your request is pending. Do Not Click on CANCEL.
- The Sponsor will receive an email from BradNac@salemstate.edu to Approve or Deny the request. Once approved the Guest will receive their Username and Password on their device*
- Click on Login (Guests will have 8 hrs. of wireless access)
*Also, an email will be sent to the Guest and Sponsor with the login information.
Step 2 – Download the Dissolvable Agent
After you log in you will be required to download and install the Dissolvable Agent.
The example below is from Firefox.
- Click on Save File.
- Open the saved file and click on Run.
- Click on Register.
- Click on Finish.
- Navigate to another web page to test the connection.