Before you start classes, you need to make sure that the following health insurance requirements are met and that your health and immunization form is on file with us. We also urge you to view our Move-In Policy.
You can enter your immunization, health history, and health insurance information on our health services portal. If you enter your information on the portal, you must also upload the immunization documentation on the portal. Information entered on the portal cannot be reviewed without the documentation uploaded.
Required items before you can move into the residence hall:
1. Pay your balance in full, or be on an approved payment plan and/or have sufficient financial resources to cover your balance (includes completing all aid related items on your To Do List on your Navigator account). You can confirm your total aid and account balance in Navigator. This step must be completed to receive a key to a dorm or residence hall room.
2. Submit a fully completed health form two weeks prior to move-in day to counseling and health services. Please review the forms section below to find the health and immunization form. Make sure your documentation has been received by checking the health services portal. This step must be completed to receive a key to a dorm or residence hall room.
3. Purchase student health Insurance if you are not insured through an employer or family member. Under Massachusetts state law, comprehensive health insurance is required for all students registered for nine or more credits. If you will not have health insurance through an employer or family member, you will need to purchase the Salem State University student health insurance.
Immunization and Health Information Policy
The Health and Immunization Form must be completed and signed by a health care provider for all entering students in accordance with Massachusetts College Immunization Law, 105 CMR 220.600. For a list of required immunizations, please refer to the Immunization Requirements Page.
The deadline to submit your health form to our office, by mail, or to the health services portal is two weeks before fall semester begins and two weeks before spring semester begins to avoid receiving a hold which will prevent your class registration for future semesters.
- Health and Immunization Form
- Meningococcal Information and Waiver
- Authorization for Disclosure of Health Care Information (Note: This form takes approximately two weeks to process once received by counseling and health services.)
Log into your Navigator account to check out our new health services portal where you can enter your immunization information (if it hasn't already been entered), send secure messages to your providers, and view, schedule, or cancel your medical appointments online!
*Upload your health and immunization form to the health services portal.
For more information
If you're having difficulty meeting deadlines or have any questions, call 978.542.6413 or send your provider a message
Please do not send any medical information, including health forms, to this email address. Email is not a secure form of communication, and commercially available email services may store your personal conversations. Because of this, our center does not communicate clinical information in this format.