Skip to main content

How do I appeal my residency status?

All current out-of-state students who wish to classify/reclassify their residency to determine eligibility for in-state tuition must read the residency form in its entirety, submit the required documentation in support of your request, and complete and sign the form.  

Effective on July 1, 2023: Students who are eligible through Tuition Equity for Massachusetts High School Completers may complete the Tuition Equity Affidavit

The form and all documentation may be submitted to the Student Navigation Center either in-person on the 2nd floor of the Classroom Building at Central Campus, or mailed to the Residency Committee, Student Navigation Center, Salem State University, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970, or faxed to 978.542.6876, or securely sent from your email account to for review.

All decisions are applied to the term that follows your submission date. No decision can be applied retroactively to any prior period of time.

Do You Need More Help?

Student Navigation Center
Walk-In Service: Student Navigation Center: Second Floor, Classroom Building, Central Campus, 71 Loring Avenue, Salem, MA 01970
Find more information: Student Navigation Center