Salem State email account users have the ability to send encrypted emails to other Salem State email accounts. This will protect your email and any attached documents from being read by anyone other than intended recipients.
Sending an encrypted email:
- Login to Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- When composing an email, click on the Encrypt icon at the top of the email window.
- Compose your message and send.
Receiving an encrypted email:
- Click on "Read the message" to open and view email and attachments.
To ensure the security of your account, emails and documents follow these best practices:
- Make sure you recognize the sender’s address before opening any emails and confirm you are expecting an encrypted email from the individual.
- Once you have read and downloaded any documents, permanently delete encrypted emails from your account.
- Use a strong password and never share it with anyone.
- Do not open suspicious emails. Report them to Information Security.