- Log into your Navigator account
- On your Student Homepage click on the Financial Aid tile to see your financial aid information
- On the Financial Aid screen you will see one of the following:
- If you have not filled out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or had your FAFSA sent to Salem State University and have never been awarded aid at Salem State you will see "There is no financial aid information found."
- If you have been awarded aid for the current aid year you will see your award summary of aid at Salem State. This is where you can view your financial aid awards for the aid year.
Please be cautious of the aid year you are viewing. You may click the "Change" button in the top left-hand corner beside the aid year to view a different aid year.
- If you are have submitted your FAFSA for an upcoming aid year but your FAFSA has not been reviewed by the Financial Aid Office and you have not been awarded aid you will see the Need Summary screen.
Please be advised your Estimated Cost of Attendance may be the only amount listed until your FAFSA has been reviewed and you have been awarded aid.
- You can filter the information in the Award Summary screen by clicking on the Filter button to the left of the word "Display"
- You can filter your awards by category (grants, loans, waivers, work-study) or status (accepted or declined).
- To view your awards for the full year or by term click the drop-down menu in the "Summary" box. You may view the whole summary (full year) or by term (one semester).
- To see information on a specific award, click on the award row to view the award details. In a pop-up window, you can view the term, award status, the amount of the award, and any fees incurred.
All federal loans have a loan fee. The loan fee is a percentage of the loan amount and is deducted proportionately from each loan disbursement. Salem State must deduct the loan fee from each disbursement per federal regulations.
- The "Net Award" field will show you the amount you will receive after loans fees have been deducted.