For those who test positive for COVID-19, a minimum five-day isolation is required per CDC guidelines. If you test positive, learn more about notifying your close contacts.
How Isolation Works
- If you have tested positive for COVID, stay home and isolate for 5-10 days to prevent spreading infection to other individuals. You should isolate away from any individual who has not also tested positive for COVID, including other household members.
- DO NOT attend any in-person activities such as classes, work, athletic events, or other activities.
- If your positive test is a rapid antigen home test, we encourage you to seek a confirmatory PCR test. You can access on or off campus testing, please review on campus testing options for up-to-date information.
- Students: If you’d like health services to document your COVID infection in your medical records, upload your positive test result to your confidential health portal
- If your positive test is an antigen home test, please take a photo of your result that includes a photo ID and digital date (screenshot or date on computer in background). Send a provider a message in your portal and attach the image to the message.
- Employees: Upload your positive test result to CoVerified to notify human resources. CoVerified is being phased out but should still be used to submit test results or update vaccine information until we transition to our new employee health platform at the end of September or beginning of October.
- If you have underlying medical conditions or are interested in learning about antiviral medication treatment for COVID:
- Complete a rapid home antigen test on day 5 or 6 after testing positive, if you are without symptoms or your symptoms have significantly improved. Reveiw rapid testing guidance.
- If you are negative, you can leave isolation and return to campus on Day 6.
- If you are still positive, or not feeling better, you should continue to isolate for a full 10 days, with your earliest day out on Day 11. (If your symptoms improve and you have a negative antigen test before day 11, you may discontinue isolation sooner)
- Please note you will not receive a clearance email from health services or HR.
- Wear a mask for 10 full days after your positive test anytime you are indoors around other individuals or in public spaces. Review DC Mask Guidance.
Contact the COVID Team
If at any time you have questions related to your isolation period, exposures, or other contact tracing matters, call our COVID-19 team at 978.542.3240 or send us a message in your health portal.