Our friendly staff at the Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk are here to help you with all your technology support needs.
We will answer your questions or help you to find the resources you need. This service is available to all Salem State students, faculty and staff.
Technology Support Options:
Online self-service portal
- Using the forms on our self-service portal, you can send your ITS requests directly to the team that fulfills them.
- If you don't see a category or form that meets your needs, use the General ITS Help form.
- You can also monitor progress, leave comments, and resolve your own open requests or issues, by accessing your profile in the top right-hand corner of this page.
ITS walk-in service locations
Bring your laptop, phone, or other device with you to one of our two walk-in service locations for help with technology issues.
Meier Hall ITS Help Desk
Meier Hall 105
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Student Technology Resource Center
Central Campus (Bertolon) 2204
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Remote sessions with ITS
- Students, faculty, and staff can request 30-minute online/remote support sessions for a date and time that works best for your schedule.
- Appointments are available from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday -Friday.
- Visit our self-service portal to schedule a remote (online) support appointment.
- When filling out the form, simply select the category that best describes your ITS support need(s). If you do not see a related category, just provide a brief description in the field provided.
- The appointment will be assigned to the technician best suited to address your needs.
- You will receive a meeting invite from a technician prior to your appointment.
- Remote appointments are not meant to address immediate ITS support needs.
- Remote appointments should be requested no less than 24 hours in advance of the preferred meeting time.
- Remote appointments requested over weekends and holidays should allow one business day to occur prior to your preferred meeting time, helping to ensure ITS has enough time to schedule the right technician for your needs.
- For the fastest assistance between the hours of 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday, try our Live Chat feature in our self-service portal to chat with a technician directly.
- To launch a chat session, click on the red icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
Email and Phone
- Send ITS an e-mail with a description of your request or support needs in the body of the message.
- Call 978.542.2036 and leave a message with a description of your request or support needs, as well as the best phone number and time of day to reach you.