Greater Boston Resources
Resources for the Bisexual Community
- The Bisexual Resource Center
- A Cambridge, MA education and support center for the bisexual community.
- Boston's Bisexual Women's Network A support group for women.
Resources for the Transgender Community
- Tiffany Club of New England
A social and support group for the New England Transgender Community for over 29 years.
- Transgender Law & Policy Institute Non-profit organization dedicated to effective advocacy for transgender people.
- The Transgender Center Support group for the transgender community.
Politics and Advocacy
Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders: Equal Justice Under the Law. Celebrating 30 years as New England's leading legal rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation, HIV status and gender identity and expression.
- Mass Equality
- MassEquality.org is a grassroots organization working to achieve full equality for the LGBT community.
- Bay Windows
New England's Largest Gay and Lesbian Newspaper.
- Pink Pages The GLBT yellow pages for New England and beyond.
Health and Wellness
- Fenway Community Health
- The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the physical and mental health of its community, which includes those who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, the people who live and work in our neighborhood, and beyond.
- GLBT Health Access Project
- Provides training, technical assistance and materials to agencies across the state (and, due to past success, across the nation) to help service providers learn more about the health care needs of GLBT populations and create welcoming environments for staff and clients.
- AIDS Action Committee
- New England's oldest and largest AIDS service organization, AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts is a not-for-profit, community-based health organization whose mission is to stop the HIV/AIDS epidemic by preventing new infections and optimizing the health of those already infected.
Education and Outreach Groups
A GLBT Speakers Bureau, SpeakOut works to create a world free of homo-bi-trans-phobia and other forms of prejudice by telling the truths of people's lives.
- GLSEN Boston
- The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) is a national organization making schools safer for ALL students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
Sports and Recreation
- Beantown Softball
- A GLBT softball league that plays during the spring and summer months.
- Boston Gay Basketball League
The Boston Gay Basketball League is a well organized basketball league in the greater Boston area free from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, national origin or sexual orientation, with special emphasis on the participation of the gay community.
- FrontRunners Boston
- Frontrunners Boston was founded in 1979 as a running club to support the sport of running in the gay and lesbian community in and around the Boston area.
- Chiltern Mountain Club An outdoor recreation GLBT club.
Resources for Allies
- Greater Boston PFLAG
The Boston chapter of the Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, Greater Boston PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
- Metropolitan Community Church Boston
- A church of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community; Open to all!
Keshet's mission is to ensure that gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender Jews are fully welcomed and included in all parts of the Jewish community.
- Boston's Alliance of Gay and Lesbian Youth
The Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Youth provides weekly and monthly social activities and special events for people ages 22 and under.
- North Shore Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Youth
NAGLY's mission is to create, sustain and advocate for programs, policies, and services for the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender youth community, particularly including the establishment of regular support meetings, and to defend and enhance the human and civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth on the North Shore of Massachusetts.