Quarantine is for people who are not sick, but who have been exposed to an illness. Quarantine is crucial to limiting spread of illness to others during that potentially infectious period.
On August 15th, 2022 the CDC and Mass DPH updated exposure/quarantine guidelines.
How Post-exposure Quarantine Works
- Students should use the CHS Student Exposure/Quarantine survey to determine if they need to quarantine after an exposure.
- Employees should use the HR Employee Exposure/Quarantine survey to determine if they need to quarantine after a close contact exposure.
- Please enable MassNotify on your phone so that you can receive and send anonymous close contact notifications.
- General post-exposure quarantine guidance, if you are without symptoms are:
- MASK for 10 days following the exposure
- Closely monitor for symptoms and initiate quarantine should any develop and STAY HOME
- COVID test 3-5 days after the exposure, antigen or PCR testing.
- COVID test any time you develop a new symptom
CDC Exposure to COVID-19 guidelines for symptom monitoring, masking, and testing.