Skip to main content

Where do I go to obtain a major, concentration, or minor change form?

To request a change to your academic program follow these steps:

  1. Log into Navigator.
  2. Select the Academic Records tile on your student home page.
  3. Select Change Major/Minor/Conc
  4. Select the kind of request you want.  For example, if you want to change your major, select "Change Major".  If you want to add a second major, select "Add Major".  If you want to change your concentration, select “Change Concentration.”
  5. Depending on the kind of request, you will be asked to enter additional information.  For example, if you are changing your major, you will need to use the magnifying glass to look up your current major information and then again to put in your requested major information. 
  6. Click on submit.
  7. Check your Salem State email for an email confirming that your request has been submitted.
  8. When your request is reviewed and approved or denied by your academic department, you will get another email sent to your SSU email address.
  9. To check the status of your request, you may review your request history in the same place where you entered your request.

You can also download a pdf version with visual aids, How To: Request a Change of Major/Minor/Concentration.

Please note that some majors have additional requirements for internal changes of major or do not accept major changes on a rolling basis. For information on your specific intended program of study, please visit the university catalog and review the departmental information for your chosen major. 

Paper forms for change of major, minor, concentration, and double majors will be accepted through the end of the 19-20 academic year.