New Student Account Information
You should receive an email from the admissions office with your student ID, username, and password information.
Follow these steps to reset your Salem State account password for the first time.
- Go to the Salem State Website.
- Select Sign In (top right corner). A Sign In window will open.
- Type in your username/ID as an email address. Example: S0378289@salemstate.edu.
- Select Next. The SSU Log In page will open.
- Select “Forgot your Password?”.
- Your User ID for the password reset is, for example S0378289@salemstate.edu.
- Fill in the security characters and select Next.
- Select I forgot my password.
- You should see your alternate email address. Select Email.
- Open your alternate email and copy the code.
- Type the verification code in the box and select Next.
- Type in your new password.
Make sure to follow the password rules.
- Go back to Salem State and sign in with your new password.
- A window will open that states: More Information Required.
- Select Next.
- The next page states: Keep Your Account Secure.
- You can download the Microsoft Authenticator App, choose a different authenticator app, or choose a different method, such as a phone. We recommend using the Microsoft Authenticator App for your mobile phone.
- Once you have reset the password, you can sign into Navigator, our student information system.