Skip to main content

Payment Policies

Move-In Policy

1. Settle your bill

In addition, you MUST:

  • Complete all aid-related items on the to-do list in your "Tasks" tile within your Navigator account.

2. Complete your immunization requirements with counseling and health services

Access the requirements and forms online. You can upload documents using the health portal located in Navigator, or mail/ fax to the office. Make sure the documentation has been received by checking the student health portalContact counseling and health services (CHS) with questions at 978.542.6410

IMPORTANT: These must be submitted two weeks prior to the CHS office to ensure they're processed ahead of your move-in date.

3. Ensure you're enrolled as a full-time student

A matriculated undergraduate student must be enrolled in 12 or more credits. A matriculated graduate student must be enrolled in 3 or more credits. 

Billing Schedule

  • Fall semester and spring semester charges are billed separately. We do not send paper bills. Email notifications are sent out when an eBill is available for viewing. eBills are available the second Tuesday of every month. Fall eBills are generated in July, and spring eBills are generated in November.
  • The online eBill can be downloaded and printed out for your records. Failure to comply with the university's payment due dates may result in late payment penalties.

Tuition Waivers

  • Original tuition waiver, voucher or tuition remission form must be presented at time of registration. No refund will be processed if presented after registration is completed. These may not be applied to the cost of an institute, directed study, thesis, internship, or independent study course.
  • Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver - Students 60 years of age or over may enroll on a space-available basis in credit courses with tuition waived.  However, fees are charged per credit hour. For directed study courses, as well as institutes and seminars, the full program cost plus all fees are charged. The eligible student must be a Massachusetts resident and provide proof of age at the time of registration. Registration will begin one week prior to the start of the course.

Changes and Refunds

Changes of sections and changes of courses via online registration will require payment in full; payment credits cannot be used via self-service registration. Refunds are processed through the student accounts office.

Transcripts and Financial Holds

Students with a financial hold on their account will not receive their official university transcript until that hold has been resolved.

Health Insurance

To comply with state law, students registered for at least 75 percent of their program’s full-time course load must either enroll in or waive-out of the Salem State insurance plan each year by the deadline date through their Navigator account. If you fail to enroll in or waive-out of the health insurance plan by the deadline, a hold will be placed on your account that will prevent future registrations.

Do You Need More Help?

Student Navigation Center
Walk-In Service: Student Navigation Center: Second Floor, Classroom Building, Central Campus, 71 Loring Avenue, Salem, MA 01970
Find more information: Student Navigation Center