- Pay your bill in full OR
- Be on an approved payment plan AND/OR
- Have sufficient financial resources to cover your balance
You can confirm your total aid and account balance in Navigator.
In addition, you MUST:
- Complete all aid-related items on the to-do list in your "Tasks" tile within your Navigator account.
2. Complete your immunization requirements with counseling and health services
Access the requirements and forms online. You can upload documents using the health portal located in Navigator, or mail/ fax to the office. Make sure the documentation has been received by checking the student health portal. Contact counseling and health services (CHS) with questions at 978.542.6410.
IMPORTANT: These must be submitted two weeks prior to the CHS office to ensure they're processed ahead of your move-in date.
A matriculated undergraduate student must be enrolled in 12 or more credits. A matriculated graduate student must be enrolled in 3 or more credits.
- Fall semester and spring semester charges are billed separately. We do not send paper bills. Email notifications are sent out when an eBill is available for viewing. eBills are available the second Tuesday of every month. Fall eBills are generated in July, and spring eBills are generated in November.
- The online eBill can be downloaded and printed out for your records. Failure to comply with the university's payment due dates may result in late payment penalties.
- Original tuition waiver, voucher or tuition remission form must be presented at time of registration. No refund will be processed if presented after registration is completed. These may not be applied to the cost of an institute, directed study, thesis, internship, or independent study course.
- Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver - Students 60 years of age or over may enroll on a space-available basis in credit courses with tuition waived. However, fees are charged per credit hour. For directed study courses, as well as institutes and seminars, the full program cost plus all fees are charged. The eligible student must be a Massachusetts resident and provide proof of age at the time of registration. Registration will begin one week prior to the start of the course.
Changes and Refunds
Changes of sections and changes of courses via online registration will require payment in full; payment credits cannot be used via self-service registration. Refunds are processed through the student accounts office.
Transcripts and Financial Holds
Students with a financial hold on their account will not receive their official university transcript until that hold has been resolved.
To comply with state law, students registered for at least 75 percent of their program’s full-time course load must either enroll in or waive-out of the Salem State insurance plan each year by the deadline date through their Navigator account. If you fail to enroll in or waive-out of the health insurance plan by the deadline, a hold will be placed on your account that will prevent future registrations.